About Tony (BSc. Kin, MPT)
Tony grew up in a sports based family. As a high-level baseball player in the Dominican Republic, it was recommended he work with a physiotherapist. His experience with his therapist was so inspiring he decided that is what he wanted to do for his profession. Tony then immigrated to Canada in 2011 to pursue his dream career of Physiotherapy.
As a Physiotherapist, Tony has experience with in-home care and clinic-based practice. He believes that recovery from an injury requires a multi-factorial and holistic approach. He believes that making clients feel safe, supported, and understood are keys to empowering them to actively meet their health goals while bringing a smile to their face. Tony is fluent in English and Spanish.
- Bachelor Kinesiology, University of Victoria
- Masters of Physical Therapy, University of British Columbia
- Registered Physiotherapist with College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC)
- Orthopaedic Manual Therapy Level 1
- Anatomical Neuropathic Intramuscular Stimulation (AN-IMS)
When not at work
Tony enjoys exploring new cooking and baking recipes with his wife, volunteering at his church, travelling to new countries, keeping up with the latest technology, and working up a sweat in the beautiful outdoors of BC.
Areas of Focus:
- Post-Surgical Rehabilitation (Total hip and knee replacements, post-fracture surgical repairs)
- Neurological Conditions (Parkinson’s, Stroke, Movement disorders, etc.)
- Geriatric / Elder Care
- Exercise Prescription
- Sports Injuries
- Baseball Injuries
- Falls Prevention
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Professional Video Gamers